Top 7 Elements of Ecommerce Website Design for Success your Business.
The past two decades have seen endless changes in the way people conduct their business online. Commercial organizations have evolved over the past two decades, and this evolution is in the way they do their business: online as well as offline. While the offline type of business is slowly diminishing, the online sector has seen a rapid boom, in a short span of time.
In order to keep the ecommerce site up and running, it is important to keep a few factors in mind at the time of ecommerce website development. By doing so, not only are you maintaining your website’s success, but also ensuring a smooth paving for your business’s future. So here are some basic, but important elements you need to keep in mind at the time of your ecommerce website development.
1. Keep an easy to use design for your website: Users don’t want to get lost in a labyrinth within your website. In other words, keep the design simple, straightforward and easy to use, so that the users can find whatever they are looking for. Use a good palette in your website’s design, so that your brand name is easy to recognize for the users. This way, the visitors would be able to relate your brand’s image, and end up in potential customers, rather than just visitors. A good ecommerce website development company will be able to help you design the perfect website for your business.
2. Content is stronger than it seems: If you thought that the content on a website is no longer relevant, you could not have been further from the truth. In true reality, content has become an even stronger requirement in the world of website design. It not only attracts some good customers, but also seals the deal, as search engines are able to segregate the bad sites from the good ones. Good content helps create a social presence for the brand, as customers are able to relate to the brand and further become loyal to the very fabric of the brand’s image.
3. Keep the structure simple and consistent: If you are in the midst of the redesigning process, you need to work on the structure of your website. The navigation needs to be simple, sorted and straightforward, so that the customers don’t find themselves running from pillar to post within the website. The simpler the design, the better would be the customer response, when they come visiting.
4.Keep the calls to action effortless: So you want your customers to do something when they land on your website? One way is to be outright and ask them to do what you need them to do. In other situations, you can go ahead and fuse the call to actions within your content and make them subtle, so that the customers don’t feel ambushed while shopping.
5. Checkout process is extremely important: The most important designing element for an ecommerce website is the checkout process. When you have an easy to load cart and an even quicker checkout process, customers are going to extremely happy revisiting the website to purchase your products. If the checkout process is cumbersome, and involves a lot of steps, chances are you might up with a lot of abandoned carts, within a short span of time.
6. Redesign your website as per the mobile layout also: During the redesigning process, don’t just lay emphasis on creating a computer friendly website. Instead spend an equal amount of time, money and required resources customizing the site as per mobile standards, as a majority of people might prefer to access your ecommerce site’s app via mobile. If the ecommerce store is not mobile friendly, it might come across as a inconvenience to the users.
7.Customer support is the backbone: Last but not the least; good customer support is the backbone of any good website. Since you are designing an ecommerce site, the website customer support needs to be top notch, and needs to be able to provide a round the clock service to the customers. This way, in case of any issues, your customers would be getting a good service, and the sales will also be backed by a strong customer support.
These are some of the simple, yet effective elements which need to be kept in mind while designing your ecommerce website.